I first made this with Hainanese chicken, and it was so delicious! Just saute all the ingredients on the stovetop, and then add it to your rice cooker! And voila!
I use a Zojirushi rice cooker, click here for a similar one to mine.
Easy Rice Cooker Recipe
This is a simple rice cooker dish with aromatics like garlic and ginger and is enhanced with sesame oil and garlic salt!
- Heat pan on medium-low heat (garlic and sesame oil burn easily)
- Add sesame oil to the hot pan, add ginger, stir for 1 minute
- Add garlic and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add garlic salt (adjust after the rice is cooked)
- Add uncooked rice into the pan, and stir for 3 minutes
- Add everything into the rice cooker, then add the broth and mix. Select white rice and cook.
- Fluff rice, taste, and adjust amount of garlic salt.