Who loves casseroles? Who loves to bring casseroles to potlucks because they’re so easy? ME! Try out this Sushi Bake recipe that went viral on my TikTok account – TheAsianTestKitchen.
This sushi bake is basically a casserole with sushi rice and imitation crab! It’s super simple, but I will also give you some options to jazz it up and take it to the next level.
TikTok Viral Sushi Bake
This sushi casserole bake consists of sushi rice topped with imitation crab mixed with Japanese Kewpie mayo and a little bit of cream cheese! After it is baked, you serve it with crispy roasted seaweed. It’s so yummy!
- Preheat oven to 390 F. Put crab, mayo, cream cheese, and sriracha into mixing bowl and mix by hand or use “stir” setting on KitchenAid for about 1 minute
- Mix rice vinegar, sugar, and salt together and then mix into warm/hot cooked rice
- Spread rice into baking pan (7×11) and sprinkle on furikake seasoning
- Spread crab mixture on top
- Top with green onions, furikake, kewpie mayo, sriracha
- Bake at 390 F for 15 to 20 minutes
- Serve with Korean roasted seaweed, avocado slices, and cucumber slices (see above for additional toppings)
- If reheating the next day, sprinkle on a little water before placing rice on top, then microwave. The water will help steam and soften the rice.