If you’ve never had Asian-style steak, then you’re surely missing out! There’s so much flavor!! It’s a family favorite in our house. My husband is not even a big steak eater, but he loves Asian-style steak with a good dipping sauce.
Reserve some of the marinade, add some yuzu extract, lime juice, herbs, and you have a great dipping sauce for the steak and veggies! If you don’t have yuzu, you can always just add more lime juice or even tamarind juice!
Asian Steak Marinade
Try this marinade and sauce if you want to change up your regular steak recipe! It’s full of flavor and is so easy to make. Add a few extra ingredients to turn it into a delicious sauce for your steak and veggies!
- Mix together ingredients for the marinade in a liquid measuring cup or bowl.
- Reserve 3/ 4 cup of marinade to make sauce. Pour the rest of the marinade into a big bowl with the steaks. Give it a good mix and let it marinate for 30 minutes or overnight in the fridge for the best flavor.
- To the remaining 3/4 cup marinade, add yuzu, lime juice, cilantro, mint, and extra peppers if you’d like. This can be poured over the finished steak or served as a dipping sauce.
- Wipe off excess marinade and garlic from the steak before cooking. The marinade has sugar, so it will burn easily if left on.
- Set stainless steel pan on medium heat. Add a little neutral oil once hot. After 30 seconds, add steaks and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, depending on the size of steak. Check temperature of the steaks with a thermometer to get the right doneness!
- For medium-rare, pull steaks off at 120 F, and let it rest for 5 minutes. It will continue to cook, and the juices will settle down.
- Serve with veggies like Brussel sprouts which will taste great with the sauce!