If you’re a fan of orange chicken and air-fried salmon, you need to try this recipe for Mandarin Orange Salmon! It’s full of flavor with orange zest and juice, but it’s so easy to make! It’s the perfect combo of healthy and delicious.
If you cannot find mandarin oranges, feel free to use regular oranges or clementines. But whatever you do, don’t omit the zest. That’s my favorite part.
Mandarin Orange Salmon
Mandarin Orange Salmon is marinated in a soy orange sauce and finished with a glaze. In just 10 minutes in the air fryer, you’ll have a healthy and delicious meal.
- Combine ingredients for the sauce in a bowl. Reserve a little bit of zest for serving. Use a couple of tablespoons of sauce to marinate the salmon for 15 minutes.
- Cook the rest of the sauce for 10 min on medium heat to reduce. Turn off once the sauce is slightly syrupy.
- Pat salmon dry, so the sauce doesn’t burn. Drizzle or spray the salmon with a little neutral oil.
- Place 2 filets in the air fryer basket. Air fry for 5 minutes at 390F. Glaze with sauce and cook for another 3-5 minutes (8-10 minutes total). Cooking time will vary depending on the size of the filet. Repeat with the other 2 filets.
- Plate salmon. Squeeze a little mandarin juice over both, sprinkle on some zest, and top with toasted sesame seeds if you want. Feel free to toss the leftover sauce with veggies.