Pad See Ew is an easy and delicious Thai stir-fry with wide rice noodles, beef, and broccoli. It’s perfect for a weeknight meal. It’s savory with a bit of sweetness! You can also customize this and use your favorite vegetables. Pad See Ew is similar to Drunken Noodles or Pad Kee Mao without the Thai basil.
Wide fresh rice noodles are the best type of noodles for this dish. Follow the instructions to heat the noodles for a few minutes in the microwave until it is soft enough to unravel by hand. Be sure to have all your ingredients prepped and ready to go before you start cooking. You need to move quickly with stir-fries so your food doesn’t overcook.
I used my beautiful Legend cookware pan for this recipe. I love that I can use it on my gas stove, transfer it to the oven, and in this case, on my induction burner!
More beef recipes:
Beef Watercress Salad – Delicious pepper watercress greens topped with delicious flank steak and Vietnamese vinaigrette
Black Pepper Beef Stir-Fry – This black pepper beef stir fry is a quick and easy dish and is a crowd-favorite
Crispy Orange Beef – Crispy fried beef is tossed in a sweet, tangy, and savory orange sauce.
Pad See Ew
Pad See Ew is an easy and delicious Thai stir-fry with wide rice noodles, beef, and broccoli. It’s perfect for a weeknight meal. It’s savory with a bit of sweetness! You can also customize this and use your favorite vegetables.
- Prepare all your ingredients for the stir-fry as you will need to move quickly so the food doesn’t burn and the noodles don’t overcook.
- Season the flank steak with fish sauce, oyster sauce, and black pepper. Set aside.
- Combine and mix the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl.
- Prepare fresh rice noodles by microwaving for 2-3 minutes or until soft enough to peel. Unravel the noodles and set them aside.
- Heat pan on medium heat. After one minute, add oil and then add minced garlic. Stir the garlic for 30 seconds and then add beef. Stir and beef until done. Transfer beef to a plate.
- Add more oil and then stir in broccoli. *If you want tender broccoli, steam them first before adding. Cook broccoli for 5 minutes or until they’re to your liking.
- Add noodles. Add oil on top of the noodles and give it a mix. Add the sauce and combine everything thoroughly.
- Push everything aside. Add oil and then add eggs. Scramble the eggs and combine them with the noodles.
- Turn off the heat. Add beef back to the pan and combine.