Basil Chicken is a delicious, healthy, and easy-to-make dish that’s also cheap! You can make it in less than 30 minutes with only a few ingredients. What’s not to love?
Why You’ll Love Basil Chicken
It is a delicious Thai dish with a spicy and sweet flavor. It is easy to make, and it’s perfect for a busy weeknight. With just 10 minutes of prep and 15 minutes of cooking time, you can get this dish on the table in no time.
This recipe uses fresh basil, which gives it a light, summery flavor. The chicken is stir-fried in a mixture of flavorful sauces. Then, you add the basil leaves during the last few minutes of cooking so that they’re wilted but not completely cooked down. This makes them extra tasty without overcooking them!
This recipe is a great option if you’re looking for something different than your average chicken dish—and it will be sure to please even picky eaters who don’t normally like basil!
Selecting Basil for Basil Chicken
You can use Thai basil or Italian basil for this dish. Both will add a delicious flavor and aroma.
Other stir-fry recipes:
Black Pepper Beef Stir-Fry: Tender flank steak stir-fried with black bean garlic sauce!
Beef & Potato Stir-Fry: Shallow-fried or baked potatoes stir-fried with beef and onions!
Basil Pork & Eggplant: Chinese eggplant is cooked with ground pork and finished with basil for an easy weeknight meal.
Basil Chicken is a delicious, healthy, and easy-to-make dish that’s also cheap! You can make it in less than 20 minutes with only a few ingredients. What’s not to love?
For the sauce:
- Combine the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl and get everything else ready to go for the stir-fry.
- Heat pan on med-high heat for 1 minute. Add oil and swirl to coat the pan. Add chicken pieces and sear them on one side for 2 minutes or until golden brown. Give them a stir and push them to the side.
- Add more oil to the empty spot. Add ginger and garlic and stir for 1 minute.
- Lower the temperature to medium heat. Stir the ginger and garlic with the chicken. Add the sauce and combine it thoroughly. Continue to stir-fry until chicken is cooked through.
- Turn off the heat. Add the chopped basil and combine. Serve with rice and steamed veggies or fresh cucumbers.